
I thought fervently about the words you spoke last night. They soothed all the idealistic thoughts in my head. They sounded like the stone cold truth even if the truth is that they’re bold faced lies. All I know is that they SOUNDED like melody over mesmerizing music. Woven together neatly: Beauty, appreciation and natural attraction were the comfort words layering my skepticism. Your optimism is exciting. It reminds me of the dream of a child not yet tainted by the darkness of the world. The pictures you paint are fractions of that dream with colors vivid and bright. If I close my eyes I can see myself with you in the midst of them. Stuck in this daydream I try and bridge the gap between our last escapade and our last conversation. Though they happened at different moments in time, in my thinking, they fuse together. The kiss you placed on my lips parallels your compliment of my smile. Your hand holding mine is the direct reflection of your encouragement. I appreciate your appreciation. The consideration you give is unmatched. Your eyes searched my soul for answers you might never get, but it’s the seeking that makes the journey worthwhile. When you look at me, I want to tell you my soul and share with you the truths that make me who I am. You’ve stepped into my life and I want you to stay. Where did you come from? God must’ve heard me when I prayed.
Copyright © 2009 by DeAna McEwen
No comments:
Post a Comment