Things certainly do change! Ladies, I can remember a time when I really longed to be in a nurturing relationship. All I wanted to do was give give and give my love to someone and have it reciprocated.... Everything would be okay if I could just find the right man and get married.. ~Somewhere along the way, that theory was disproved. That thought disintegrated along with the notion that I would be completely happy with life if I just had the right man.
So now, I'm single and satisfied, snappy and happy and all that good stuff. But how is it that my ideals have changed so drastically? I could credit it to self-appreciation, or something of that nature. It has occurred to me that I have the ability to pull out everything I was looking for in a man out of myself. (Of course.. some things I still need him for!!!!!!!!!), but for the most part, I see everything I once yearned for as a hindrance. A big ass attachment with no real rewards.
Yeah, I've been swept off my feet only to fall flat on my ass... Things are rarely what they seem. It seems to me that relationships aren't as satisfying as they used to be when you didn't really know what they were supposed to be. (If you can understand that). So now, I'm 25 and when I should be thinking of settling down, only settling for less comes to mind. Less and less and less....
No comments:
Post a Comment