
What happened? After the words left my mouth on the journey to your ears, something intercepted them. What could it have been? Did my tone offend you, did what I said strike you as condescending or careless, inconsiderate or thoughtless, disrespectful or untrue?
If so, I must set my record straight. The very first time you walked into my world; your manliness radiated from the inside out. You've been to places I have yet to travel. You've understood more than I can consider understanding, how then could I speak condescendingly to you?
One night, I waited up for your call to come and it didn't. I tossed and turned and sleep eluded me and it was caring that fueled every bit of it. That night, I discovered that not only was I interested in you, but that I care for you and your well being, your safety and your most precious feelings. How then could I handle you carelessly when all I have for you is care and concern?
When you speak, I listen and consider the words being said. I listen closely in an earnest effort to understand you and create levels of comfort for you that surpass any other. When I'm in a world outside the one we share, my actions and reactions are carried out with you in mind. How then could I be inconsiderate toward you?
Throughout the day, thoughts of you circle around in my mind. They range in nature: direct and indirect, deep and not so deep, humorous and serious, some sexual and some practical. I think of new ways to articulate my perception of you and my feelings toward you. So who could justifiably say I'm thoughtless regarding you when all I do is think think and think…..
If so, I must set my record straight. The very first time you walked into my world; your manliness radiated from the inside out. You've been to places I have yet to travel. You've understood more than I can consider understanding, how then could I speak condescendingly to you?
One night, I waited up for your call to come and it didn't. I tossed and turned and sleep eluded me and it was caring that fueled every bit of it. That night, I discovered that not only was I interested in you, but that I care for you and your well being, your safety and your most precious feelings. How then could I handle you carelessly when all I have for you is care and concern?
When you speak, I listen and consider the words being said. I listen closely in an earnest effort to understand you and create levels of comfort for you that surpass any other. When I'm in a world outside the one we share, my actions and reactions are carried out with you in mind. How then could I be inconsiderate toward you?
Throughout the day, thoughts of you circle around in my mind. They range in nature: direct and indirect, deep and not so deep, humorous and serious, some sexual and some practical. I think of new ways to articulate my perception of you and my feelings toward you. So who could justifiably say I'm thoughtless regarding you when all I do is think think and think…..
The man I know you to be is the fullest definition of it. Real men bestow respect and based off that principle alone, it is reciprocated. Never have I thought any less of you as a man. Not once have you made me feel less than what I am. I wouldn't disrepsect the man for whom I was made.
When I share with you my world, don't take it for granted. Understand that it's in my nature to nurture my own, and that is you. It's my responsibility to speak truth to you. We are one and I can't be true to myself being untrue to you? Do you hear now the words the way I sent them? This is how my heart speaks.
When I share with you my world, don't take it for granted. Understand that it's in my nature to nurture my own, and that is you. It's my responsibility to speak truth to you. We are one and I can't be true to myself being untrue to you? Do you hear now the words the way I sent them? This is how my heart speaks.
No comments:
Post a Comment